The benefits of practicing Yoga...
Yoga is an ancient practice that dates back more than 5000 years.
When thinking of yoga the first thing that usually comes to mind is Asanas (Yoga postures) But Yoga is not just about practicing different postures, yes this is a big part of it but there is so much more to it.
Yoga is a Sanskrit word meaning Union. You might be thinking union of what?
Union of mind body and soul. The biggest benefit of practicing yoga is what it does for the mind. A confused & erratic mind only causes problems for our body and soul. If we have no peace or balance in our mind than we will have no peace or balance in life. If we can achieve a clear balanced mind this will flow through and we will then feel the same in our body and soul this creating a more peaceful balanced life.
Once we have achieved this we will feel union with everything around us. A realization that we are one with everything. This realization leads us to a live more peacefully & compassionately.
Below i have listed just some of the benefits of a regular Yoga practice.
- Increased flexibility in both body & mind.
- Increased balance both physically, emotionally and energetically.
- Increased strength both body & mind.
- Increased blood flow/ better circulation.
- Yoga improves strength & alignment around the spine therefor correcting your posture and returning your body back to its natural symmetry.
- Helps relieve stress & anxiety.
- Improves quality of sleep.
- Helps develop Self discipline & self awareness.
- Improved overall health & productivity.
How amazing is Yoga.. right?